Marketing objectives define what you want to accomplish through your marketing activities.
When setting objectives it is very important to ensure that your objectives are; specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time specific, or SMART for short:
- Specific: Are your objectives stated in a way that is precise about what you are hoping to achieve?
- Measurable: Can you quantify each objective, i.e. can you use a unit of measure such as market share in percentage or dollars or other to provide a way to check your level of success?
- Achievable: Are your objectives reasonable in terms of what you can actually achieve or are you setting your sights too high?
- Realistic: Do you have sufficient resources to achieve the objectives you have set, if you don’t then they are likely to be unrealistic?
- Time specific: When are you hoping to achieve these objectives, you need to define a timing plan with target timing for each specific objective?
Julia Taine, Executive Director of Vent2Me, is a marketing problem solver and mentor. A mover and a shaker, Julia sees a niche in an industry, and takes it, by making it her own. Julia started Vent2Me, because people she knew were struggling with their online presence and their digital strategies. Julia knew she could help these people, and so here she is today.