A quick and short post from Vent2Me this week. Below are some social media tips that you need to know. This week we are looking at Facebook:
Wondering why your facebook page hasn’t taken off? It’s most likely because you aren’t doing some of the below activities:
- Hashtags: Allows content to be indexed through social media sites. It’s a useful tool to help generate traffic to the page. Hashtags should only be used for important keywords such as your brand or unique selling proposition (USP).
- Insights: The most popular time to post on facebook (generally) is Thursdays and Fridays. You can see what day and the time is the most popular day for your page by viewing ‘insights’.
- Images/videos: Posts which contain images or video result in 39% more interaction, so whenever possible share relevant images.
- Emoticons: If not overused, emoticons increase comments by 33%.
- Questions: Posts framed as questions result in 95% more interaction than standard-text posts.
- Keep it short: Shorter posts receive 23% more interaction than longer posts.
Julia Taine, Executive Director of Vent2Me, is a marketing problem solver and mentor. A mover and a shaker, Julia sees a niche in an industry, and takes it, by making it her own. Julia started Vent2Me, because people she knew were struggling with their online presence and their digital strategies. Julia knew she could help these people, and so here she is today.